Jul 1, 2010

XR 1200...

Have had an eye on this thing since it first made the news, really like the look, Sportster motor is just right, it has potential, when I mentioned this to L the tall gentle giant at Pro Bike/Harley Sweden/Piaggio Sweden he just said: "why don't you take mine out for a while, I can't drive it right now anyway", said and done I have this week off work so yesterday I picked it up. L was a bit fuzzy on what's done to it but I see, Öhlins rears, Supertrapp pipes and a piece of carbon on the air intake. This is a sweet bike, does all the right things and looks sooooooo cool, only complaint might be it's one gear short but no biggie since the motor pulls from 1K to the redline like a bull. I spent 240km in the seat yesterday, more on the trip at another place later on, as I said 240km without a sore spot on my body must say something for the bike, lovely on the twisties, perfect for Italian driving in town, even feels smaller than my Monster, and man is it a stand out at the ice cream stand, THANX L!!!!!

DP says: Next birthday, I'll have one please someone.....

No comments: